Mastercam’s industry-leading service and support ensures that you’ll get the most from your CAD/CAM investment. We are there for you every step of the way to help you increase your bottom line.
Your local Mastercam Reseller should always be your first point of contact for information and technical support. Locate your Mastercam Reseller.
If your Mastercam Reseller is unavailable, you can call CNC Software, Inc. Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., ET. When calling for technical support, please follow these guidelines:
- Be sure you have already tried to contact your Mastercam Reseller.
- Provide your contact information, the Mastercam version you are running, and the serial number of your license.
- Be ready to describe the problem in detail.
- Be in front of your computer when you call.
- Try to duplicate the problem before calling. Our technician may require you to duplicate the problem while you are on the phone.
- Have ready a complete description of your hardware, including your operating system (OS), central processing unit (CPU), mouse, and memory.
If your Mastercam Reseller is unavailable, you can email CNC Software, Inc. at any time. Your request for support will be processed Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., ET. When emailing for technical support, please include: The version of Mastercam you are running.
- The serial number of your license.
- Your telephone number and contact information
- A detailed description of your issue.
- Files required to reproduce the issue you are having such as the Mastercam geometry file, system configuration files, and post processors.
- Mastercam customers should use the Zip2Go utility to gather Mastercam part data into a .Z2G file and attach this file to the email. This can be found in the Help menu.
Post Processor Support
When requesting post processor modifications to an existing post processor please follow these guidelines:
- Be sure you have already tried to contact your Mastercam Reseller for assistance.
- Provide your contact information, Mastercam version you are running, and the serial number of your license.
- Provide a detailed description of the problem you are having.
- Provide the make and model of the machine and control.
- Provide the .PST file that you are using including any additional post related files such as .PSB or .TXT.
- Provide a simple Mastercam file that illustrates the problems you are having with the post processor. When possible please narrow down the problem operations or toolpaths that are causing the problems.
- Provide the “bad” NC code file that is being output from Mastercam. Make sure this code was generated with the Mastercam file you have included.
- Provide the “good” NC code file that shows the corrections needed. You can make a copy of the “bad” NC file and edit it, replacing the bad code with the desired code. Include any additional comments you think may be necessary or helpful.
- Mastercam X and later customers should use the Zip2Go utility to gather Mastercam part data into a .Z2G file and attach this file to the email. You may add all the previous bullet items inside the Zip2Go File.