Updated Setup Sheet Tutorial for X5 MU1
The Mastercam tutorial, Creating Setup Sheets with the ActiveReports Designer, has been updated for X5 MU1. It provides an introduction to setup sheet customization with ActiveReports Designer. In this tutorial, the user creates a custom template and assigns it to a Mastercam setup sheet. Topics include:
- Associating the template with an XML data source
- Formatting and adding data
- Using subreports
- Creating electronic bookmarks
- Assigning templates
The updated tutorial adds sections covering tool sorting, user-defined data, and working with X5’s enhanced and more flexible XML data source.
Creating Setup Sheets with the ActiveReports Designer is packaged in a ZIP file that contains the tutorial book in PDF format and all the support files you need to complete the tutorial. Please contact your Mastercam Reseller for more information on how to get your own copy of this updated tutorial.
Note: This tutorial requires a seat of Mastercam X5 MU1.
Creating Setup Sheets with ActiveReports Designer is a module of the Mastercam Focus Tutorial Series. The series focuses on a specific Mastercam feature—for example, the new Lathe Plunge Turn toolpath or FBM Drill, and teaches basic and advanced skills.
Other tutorial series include:
- Getting Started Series: Introduces general Mastercam functions and teaches basic skills for getting started with Mastercam.
- Exploring Series: Explores a single Mastercam product—for example, Mill, Solids, or Wire, and teaches in-depth skills for working with the product.
The Mastercam tutorial series is in continual development, and we will add modules as we complete them. For information and availability, please contact your local Mastercam Reseller.