Tech Tip: Auto Highlighting
Mastercam’s Auto Highlighting feature speeds and simplifies entity selection by dynamically highlighting the entity under your cursor before you actually select it.
By default, Auto Highlighting is turned on. You can turn Auto Highlighting on and off on a session-by-session basis or permanently (until you change it again). A session-by-session basis means that when you exit and re-open Mastercam, Auto Highlighting will be turned on regardless of your toggle settings during your last working session.
To toggle Auto Highlighting on and off on a session-by-session basis, select Toggle Auto Highlighting from the Screen menu as shown.
You can also turn Auto Highlighting on or off on a session-by-session basis by following these steps:
- Choose Settings, Customize to open the Customize dialog box.
- Make sure you are on the Toolbars tab.
- In the Category drop-down field, choose Screen.
- Drag and drop the button to the toolbar section and click OK to create a toolbar that include the Toggle Auto Highlighting button.
- Once the toolbar is created, click the Toggle Auto Highlighting button to toggle the function on and off.
To permanently turn Auto Highlighting on or off (until you manually change it back), follow these steps:
- Choose Settings, Configuration to open the System Configuration dialog box.
- Navigate to the Screen property page.
- Select or deselect the Auto-highlight choices as shown.
- Click OK to save your changes and exit the dialog box.