New Tutorials for Mastercam X5
CNC Software has just released two new tutorials for Mastercam X5 – Dynamic Milling and Machine Simulation. Dynamic Milling is part of the Getting Started Series, which introduces general Mastercam functions and teaches basic skills. The tutorial reviews the 2D Dynamic Milling toolpath options within Mastercam, including:
- Introducing Dynamic Area Mill, Dynamic Core Mill, Dynamic Contour, and Dynamic Rest Mill
- Understanding the chaining and entry options specific to Dynamic toolpaths
- Contrasting the Dynamic Milling results with standard 2D toolpaths.
The Machine Simulation tutorial teaches basic and advanced skills on the new Mastercam machine simulation functionality. Machine simulation is a safe, cost-effective way of proving out 3-axis, 4-axis, or 5-axis Mill or Router toolpaths. The tutorial shows you the many benefits of this new, powerful function, including:
- Introducing the machine simulation workspace
- Illustrating the machine simulation workflow
- Analyzing toolpath motion
- Simulating 3-axis and multiaxis toolpaths
Each tutorial is packaged in a ZIP file that contains the tutorial book in PDF format, together with Mastercam parts and other accessory files, such as sample machine definitions. Please contact your Mastercam Reseller for more information on how to get your own copy of these new tutorials.