Mastercam X4 for SOLIDWORKS® Learning Book Available
The Mastercam X4 for SOLIDWORKS book provides a comprehensive, step-by-step, “hands on” method of learning the newly released Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS product.
You will learn how to program a variety of different parts using most of the toolpath types available with Mastercam X4 for SOLIDWORKS, including extensive emphasis on making parametric changes and update of toolpaths to match the solid model changes.
The book includes 14 lessons that cover:
- 2D machining strategies including Contour, Pocket, and Drilling
- Innovative new 2D High Speed Machining techniques
- Feature Based Machining (FBM) for automatic programming of Drill and 2D Mill toolpaths
- 3D machining of irregular shaped solid models
- Specialty techniques used in machining different configurations of SOLIDWORKS models
- Focus on toolpath changes matching model updates and complete part swaps
- Includes free Workflow Reference Guide and Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS Quick Reference Guide
This book assumes that the student is already familiar with the basics of using SOLIDWORKS. Extensive modeling skills are not required and anything beyond the basics are detailed in the lesson instructions.
The primary focus of this book is to quickly learn how to program solid models using Mastercam X4 for SOLIDWORKS.
This book is set to release in late 2009 / early 2010.