Mastercam Public Beta is Open!
Mastercam and Mastercam For SolidWorks Public Beta Release
We want your feedback! The Mastercam X9 Public Beta release is open to all current customers who are on Maintenance. The Beta release can be downloaded here and will be supported through the Mastercam Industrial Forum, which is staffed with CNC applications engineers, posts writers, technical support, software developers, and QC engineers. As we collect feedback and make changes, we’ll make further updates available via the forum.
Here are just a few of the things you’ll see in the Mastercam X9 Beta:
- Expanded Dynamic Motion toolpaths bring new options to our groundbreaking technology. And our broad-based radial chip thinning calculator lets you apply chip thinning parameters to any appropriate tool, bringing greater cutting efficiency to your toolpaths.
- Solid Modeling Improvements including Solid Disassembly for exploding and laying out a solids assembly, Solid Positioning for easy snap-positioning of items such as fixture components, and more.
- Powerful Multiaxis enhancements including Multiaxis Link, which delivers a new way of combining a safety zone with multiple operations to ensure repositioning between any 2- to 5-axis milling operations is as safe as possible.
- Even broader tool support and improved workflow for importing, designing, and editing tools and holders.
- Mastercam Simulator fixture support makes it easy to define, display and collision check fixturing while simulating your job.
- Overall streamlined workflow with improved plane management, level and geometry control, viewsheets, chaining and more. The new
- Analyze Toolpath feature provides improved feedback and verification by displaying relevant toolpath information simply by hovering over a toolpath section.
- …and many other productivity improvements across the entire product.
Beta Updates and Known Issues
We are looking to release a new public beta approximately once a month. Known issues, updated bug fixes, and other details will be delivered when you install the current Mastercam X9 Beta and through the Mastercam forum.
Mastercam X9 requires a 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1. To see a full list of system requirements, please visit our requirements page. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS also requires SOLIDWORKS 2013 or later (not included in the download). A valid license of SOLIDWORKS is available through authorized SOLIDWORKS resellers.
Mastercam X9 Public Beta provided as a part of an early access program. Although it has been extensively tested, it is not yet released and we cannot guarantee it for use in a production environment. Please use at your own risk.