Mastercam Is the Most Widely Used CAM Software: Why it Matters
When shops and schools invest in a CAD/CAM software package, more choose Mastercam than any other option. While this is a point of pride for our business, what really matters is why this is important to you.
According to CIMdata, an independent research firm specializing in the NC industry, Mastercam has been the most widely used CAM software for 26 years in a row. In the latest CIMdata report, Mastercam retained the top spot for CAM software in three categories: industry, education, and support network.
Below, you will find some of the top reasons we believe it matters that Mastercam is the most widely used CAM software in schools and manufacturing firms.
If you run a shop, this is important to you because:
- When you want reliable code to run your machines at maximum performance for precision and efficiency, you choose the industry leader.
- You want access to training and support to keep your shop optimized and business growing.
- You appreciate personalized assistance for problems, challenges, and trouble shooting on an as-needed basis.
- You need access to a pool of programmers and machinists with the skills to work in your shop, to avoid excessive on the job training.
If you work in education, this is important to you because:
- You want to prepare students with skills they can transfer to further education and gainful employment.
- You have a network of support, including a local sales and support representative and the Mastercam Educators Alliance.
- You appreciate the convenient access to extensive training, curriculum, and projects, both paid and free, from Mastercam and authorized partner providers.
If you are an individual, this is important to you because:
- There is a high demand for skilled workers in manufacturing companies.
- You can find ample training and education opportunities to learn Mastercam since it is the most widely taught CAM software.
- You can find a job easier with Mastercam skills since it is the most widely used CAM software.
For these reasons and many more, we continue to develop Mastercam based on evolving technology, industry trends, and feedback from our amazing customers. In addition to our unparalleled network of local support for sales, training, and service, you don’t just get software when you buy a seat of Mastercam. You gain access to a worldwide network of talent, innovation, and support for all of your CNC manufacturing needs.
We’d love to hear from you directly, so if you are a Mastercam user, feel free to list your reasons for choosing Mastercam by leaving a comment below.