Mastercam Innovator of the Future Competition
The Mastercam Innovator of the Future (IOF) competition provides students with a real-life manufacturing challenge, some big incentives, and the chance to win an opportunity of a lifetime. It also provides the instructor with a powerful motivational tool to get students excited about learning CAD/CAM and the manufacturing process.
The 2012 Mastercam Innovator of the Future competition challenges students to design and machine a bridge and saddle for a full-sized, six-stringed acoustic guitar, to be judged by a team of experts from world-renowned guitar manufacturer Taylor Guitars in El Cajon, California.
- Everyone who enters receives an exclusive Mastercam IOF shirt.
- The winner receives a $1,000.00 scholarship to a school of their choice.
- The winner and their instructor receive a trip to El Cajon, California to tour the Taylor Guitar headquarters.
- The winner and the school each receive a Mastercam IOF plaque.
- The winner’s instructor receives an exclusive Mastercam IOF shirt.
Last year’s winner talks about his experiences with the competition:
For full information on the competition, entry forms, and part specifications, go to www.Mastercam.com/IOF. Entries are due May 31, 2012.