Getting Started Tutorials
The Getting Started Series of tutorials introduce basic Mastercam X6 features and functions. Available from your Mastercam Reseller as printable PDF tutorials and video tutorial EXE files, these introductory tutorials guide students step-by-step through a series of lessons. The lessons are divided into short exercises so they’re easy to complete. The tutorials are best used in sequence, but they can also be used independently.
The PDF versions include the sample parts you need to go through each tutorial exercise. The video versions are fully interactive, multimedia training lessons that let you experience each Mastercam function without needing Mastercam installed on your system. Here is an example of one of the videos:
The Getting Started Series tutorials that have been updated for Mastercam X6 include:
- Preparing for a Tutorial (video only)
- Welcome to Mastercam (print and video)
- Files and Mastercam (print and video)
- Working in the Graphics Window (print and video)
- Basic 2D Design (print and video)
- Basic 2D Machining (print and video)
- Basic 3D Design (print and video)
- Basic 3D Machining (print and video)
- Intro to Multiaxis (print only – video coming soon!)
In addition to the Getting Started Series, CNC Software, Inc. provides a Focus Series of tutorials, each focusing on a specific Mastercam feature—for example, Setup Sheets or FBM Drill, and teaches basic and advanced skills.
The Mastercam tutorial series is in continual development, and we will add modules as we complete them. For more information, please contact your local Mastercam Reseller.