Free Training Available from Mastercam
We are in the midst of an unprecedented event of global impact. It is our hope that everyone reading this is safe and healthy while the world comes to terms with COVID-19.
To provide an opportunity and something interesting to do during this unusual time, we at Mastercam are pleased to offer free training to help you use any extra time now to gain an advantage in the future. From now until June 30th, several courses on Mastercam University are being offered free of charge. This is a great opportunity to sharpen your Mastercam skills.
Mastercam University offers 24/7 access to fully online training. Mastercam University courses are designed to be self-paced. Each lesson contains a set of learning objectives, assessment questions, and challenges to be completed by the student. You will earn a certificate for each course you complete.
The following Mastercam University courses are available for free until June 30, 2021. You can access the free content using this link: https://signup.mastercam.com/free-mastercam-training. You can use your existing Mastercam account to log in to Mastercam University. If you do not have one already, you will have the option to create a free account, when you follow the link.
After you complete the free training, the next step is to challenge yourself to enter the Wildest Parts Competition. The rules are simple: use your skills and imagination to design and manufacture something unique using Mastercam. All contest entrants will receive a t-shirt, and the winners in each category get up to $3000 in cash. Check out the video below to learn more.
Free courses for Mastercam Mill:
- Mastercam 2019 – 2D Mill – For anyone still using Mastercam 2019, this course will focus on delivering a foundation in Mastercam 2D milling to start you on the right path to success. You will learn the steps needed to take a digital file all the way to the shop floor.
- Mastercam 2020 – 2D Mill – Mastercam 2020 delivers a cutting-edge suite of CAM tools to keep you at the forefront of today’s rapidly evolving manufacturing technology. For anyone using the current version of Mastercam, this course will provide you with a solid understanding of 2D milling.
- Mastercam 2019 – 3D Mill – Also for Mastercam 2019 users, this course is recommended after you have completed Mastercam 2019 – 2D Mill to expand your foundation in milling to include principles of 3D programming and machining.
- Mastercam 2020 – 3D Mill – Mastercam 2020 delivers a cutting-edge suite of CAM tools to keep you at the forefront of today’s rapidly evolving manufacturing technology. For anyone using the current version of Mastercam, this course will help you get more familiar with tools and techniques for 3D milling applications.
Free courses for Mastercam Lathe:
- Mastercam 2019 – Lathe – Again for folks using Mastercam 2019, this course provides a strong foundation in Mastercam Lathe. You will learn effective steps to design and prepare a part for machining.
- Mastercam 2020 – Lathe – Mastercam 2020 delivers a cutting-edge suite of CAM tools to keep you at the forefront of today’s rapidly evolving manufacturing technology. For folks using the current version of Mastercam, this course will prepare you to design and program parts for lathe machining.
Free courses for Mastercam basics:
- Mastercam Essentials – This course provides a great overview of Mastercam to familiarize you with the basic functionality and capability of the world’s most widely used CAM software. While this course was created for an older version of Mastercam, the fundamentals are still very useful.
- STEM: Principles of Machining – This course is an excellent primer in STEM concepts in relation to machining. It is a nice course to get familiar with machining terminology and principles.
A free download of Mastercam Demo/Home Learning Edition is provided with each course. This is a version of Mastercam designed for learning purposes and getting familiar with the software. Mastercam Demo/HLE does not post code like Mastercam Educational Suite and other products, but it allows users to design and program parts while exploring the functionality of the world’s leading CAD/CAM.
Additionally, if you are looking to advance your skills using Mastercam, you will find robust training available in addition to the courses provided by Mastercam University. Several of our partner organizations have excellent resources that you may interest you. You are invited to check out these online learning tools available for Mastercam with options from partners including camInstructor, In-House Solutions, and Streamingteacher.