Join us at IMTS 2022
Visit us at the Mastercam booth (#133222) to learn about Mastercam 2023. For future machinists, stop by our student summit booth (#215200) to learn about our partnership with the Witch Doctor BattleBot.
Meet Our Manufacturing Partners
We teamed up with some of the manufacturing industry’s top players and stopped by their facilities to give you a preview of what you can expect to see at IMTS this year.
We visited FANUC’s showroom and met with Applications Engineer Dave Renteria to give a preview of the Witch Doctor weapon pod that will be on display at IMTS. Visit FANUC in the South Hall at booth #338919.
Jesse hit the road to visit Hermle. He met with Senior Applications Engineer Kyle Brunner about the titanium bone plate we worked together to produce using Mastercam Multiaxis. You can connect with Hermle at IMTS in the South Hall at booth #339119.
We stopped by Lyndex-Nikken to meet with Automation Product Manager Jason Bateman. Jesse and Jason chatted about the ball in a box demo at IMTS and how Mastercam was used for programming. Meet the Lyndex-Nikken team at IMTS in the South Hall at booth #431800.
For IMTS this year, we collaborated with MC Machinery on a 5-axis cap demo using the Mastercam Unified Multiaxis toolpath. Let Jesse and Senior Applications Engineer Lukasz Bucko explain. You can connect with MC Machinery at IMTS in the South Hall at booth #338129.
Jesse met with High-Speed Mill Product Manager Tom Hipp from the Sodick team to talk about the steering wheel electrode we machined using Mastercam for IMTS. Stop by the Sodick booth in the South Hall at booth #338640.
Tsugami/Rem Sales, LLC
Chad visited Product Specialist Anthony Tournaud to talk about the elbow implant demo. Connect with Tsugami/Rem Sales, LLC in the South Hall at booth #339410. You can also explore Pilot Precision Products new live tool mini slotter for small turret CNC lathes and Swiss lathes in a Tsugami/Rem Sales, LLC machine in the West Hall at booth #432380.
Mastercam Partner Demos at IMTS
Our team has collaborated with the industry’s best to bring you new demos for IMTS. Explore the partner demos here so you can see where Mastercam will be featured.
Made from three stacked segments of urethane modeling material, this 5.5 ft. tall Statue of Liberty replica showcases the flexibility of Mastercam’s Unified Multiaxis Toolpath.
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #338109
- Machine: C.R. Onsrud F144Q12
- Material: Urethane foam
- Tool and Workholding Partners: LMT Onsrud
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #338900
- Machines: DVF-4000, NHP 4000, Puma 2600SY and DVF 5000
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Tool and Workholding Partners: Kennametal, 5th Axis, Sandvik Coromant and Mitee-Bite
This year for IMTS, we worked with the Enshu team to create two parts: a bottle opener and gear pump housing. For the gear pump housing, we used stock held by Mitee-Bite jaws, cutting to the machine’s horsepower limit thanks to our Dynamic Motion technology and Kennametal tooling. We loaded two strips of aluminum for the bottle opener and used Mastercam Dynamic Milling to produce 16 in one production.
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #339436
- Machine: Enshu GE480H
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Tool and Workholding Partners: Kennametal and Mitee-Bite
We teamed up with Hardinge for several parts for IMTS this year, including a steering wheel mold, bottle opener, and SAE hub. While developing the SAE Hub process, we developed a Mill-Turn machine environment for the new Hardinge Talent TT51 machine and it’s making its worldwide debut at IMTS this year.
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #339100
- Machines: Bridgeport XR600, Hardinge Talent TT51, and Bridgeport XR1000
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum and 2011-T3 Aluminium
- Tool and Workholding Partners: Kennametal, Mitee-Bite, Hardinge FlexC, and AWR Pneumatic
For IMTS 2022, we worked with the Kitamura team to produce a heavy milling demo and football. To produce the mini football, we machined it with our Dynamic Motion technology and used Equal Scallop/Unified 5-axis finishing techniques.
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #339133
- Machines: Kitamura HX250iG and Mytrunnion-4G
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum and 1018 Steel
- Tool and Workholding Partners: 5th Axis, Regofix Tool Holders, Kurt, and ISCAR
We collaborated with Mazak to create two parts for IMTS this year: a 5-sided bracket and a venturi device. For the pipe valve, we used the Mazak Hotwire machine and Unified Multiaxis finishing to get the job done.
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #338300
- Machines: VC500A/5X AM HWD and VC-350 EZ
- Material: 316L Stainless Steel and 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Tool and Workholding Partners: ISCAR and McMaster Baseplate
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #338500
- Machines: Genos M560-5ax, OKUMA 560V, MB-5000HII
- Materials: 6061-T6 Aluminum and 4140 Steel
- Tool and Workholding Partners: ISCAR, Sandvik Coromant, Kennametal and Haimer
Penta Machine Company
Using Mastercam Unified and Blade Expert, we teamed up with Penta Machine Company to create a carabiner clip and custom impeller for IMTS this year. The brass impeller uses Penta Machine Company’s newest 50k RPM air spindle pocket NC 5-axis machine and highlights Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion technology and Blade Expert streamlined finishing techniques.
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #338041, and West Hall, booth #432010
- Machines: Pocket NC and Solo
- Material: Brass
- Tool and Workholding Partners: Datron Tooling, Schunk, and Harvey Tool
We teamed up with Toyoda to create the Witch Doctor’s weapon pod for IMTS this year. This demo features the main weapon motor housing and 92% of the starting material is removed—minimizing weight while maximizing rigidity.
- Hall and Booth Number: South Hall, booth #338700
- Machine: Toyoda FH630SXi
- Material: 4140 Steel
- Tool and Workholding Partners: 5th Axis and Kennametal