Past Wildest Part Winners
The challenge is simple. Create a bold, original item using Mastercam. Mastercam's Wildest Parts Competition challenges students to design and make something that is, well, wild. We're looking for high quality parts that either haven't been done before or have never been done like that before. Our challenge is for students to break the mold, think outside the box, and cut outside the lines.
- Everyone who enters receives a Mastercam T-shirt.
- The first place winner in each the secondary and postsecondary category receives $1,000. In addition, each the winner and the winner's instructor receive an award plaque. The winner's instructor receives a $100 voucher to iMastercamStore.com.
- The second place winner in each the secondary and postsecondary category receives $500. The second place winner's instructor receives a $75 voucher to iMastercamStore.com.
- The third place winner in each the secondary and postsecondary category receives $100. The third place winner's instructor receives a $50 voucher to iMastercamStore.com.
- Postsecondary place finishers will also receive Entry with Art and all instructors of place finishers will receive an instructor copy of Mastercam with Art and Multiaxis or an update to an existing copy.
- The part must be programmed with Mastercam software.
- This competition is open to any current student, team of students, or instructor (*see note) using Mastercam.
- All entries must be created during the 2014-2015 school year.
- The Mastercam logo, available above, must be engraved on your part.
- Must be smaller than 1 cubic foot, no longer than 42" and no taller than 16".
- Must be something we can proudly display.
- No weapons or weapon replicas. Nothing that could not be displayed at all schools.
- All designs become property of CNC Software, Inc.
- The part should not be painted in a way that obscures the quality of machining.
- If three or fewer parts are entered in one division, CNC Software, Inc. reserves the right to award prizes as it sees fit.
- If the part is to be returned, CNC Software, Inc. must be notified, in writing, when the part is entered. Parts that are to be returned will be returned after one year. All other parts will become the property of CNC Software, Inc.
- All entries must be received by June 30, 2015. Package parts well to avoid damage during shipment. Parts are judged based on the condition in which they are received.
*Note: We encourage instructors to enter parts to show off. The best ones will receive Mastercam merchandise.
Divisions: Secondary - Postsecondary
- This competition is open to any current student, team of students, or instructor using Mastercam.
- Judging will take into account the effort of one student as compared to that of a team or class. Individual students have the same chance of winning as a team or class.
- We encourage instructors to send in parts to show off. Those who enter the best instructor parts will receive free Mastercam goodies.
- Parts must be received by June 30, 2015. Package well to avoid damage during shipment. Parts are judged based on the condition in which they are received.
The judges will be looking for the following criteria:
- Originality and Quality - We are looking for is a part that has an outstanding, original design - something that we haven't seen ever before. Just as importantly, we are looking for quality parts that have been made with the utmost care and precision.
- Excellent Display - First and foremost we are looking for an eye-catcher. At the same time, we aren't necessarily looking for the most complex part. We have designed a display case for our show booths specifically for the Wildest Parts Competition. This case travels to the top educational shows and people from all over the country stop to look at the parts. We are looking for parts that will demonstrate the many impressive and creative parts that can be made with Mastercam.
Please ship your entries to:
Wildest Parts Competition
CNC Software, Inc.
5717 Wollochet Drive NW
Gig Harbor, WA 98335
Do you have questions? If so, please contact us by email at WildestParts@mastercam.com or by phone at 1-800-ASK-MCAM.